EASTER WITH BREE MAY: GRILLED PRAWN AND SPINACH BRUSCHETTA
Get good friday ready with bree may's easter inspired grilled prawn and spinach bruschetta.
400g Green Prawn meat – de-veined and tails removed
½ Red Onion, finely chopped
½ long Red Chilli, finely chopped
1 Lime, zested and juiced
2 tbs Cream Cheese
60gm Baby Spinach leaves, shredded
½ bunch Coriander, finely chopped
Salt & white pepper to taste
1 large Baguette or Batard loaf
Lime wedges, extra Coriander and chilli to serve.
- Toss the Prawn meat in 1 tbs of Olive oil, lime zest, ½ the juiced lime and then season well.
- Heat your frypan over a high heat, and grill the prawns for 1-2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop the cooked prawns and mix together in a small bowl with the red onion, chilli, spinach and coriander.
- Once mixed add the cream cheese, remaining ½ lime juiced, any prawn resting juices, and then stir to combine. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the bread into 1cm slices and drizzle with oil. Toast on the BBQ grill until browned and crispy.
- Spread the Prawn and Spinach mix on each slice of toast and then top with an extra sprinkle of coriander and extra chilli if desired. Serve on a platter with lime wedges.